The Facilities and Administrative (F&A) rates (also known as indirect costs or overhead) are to support claims for indirect costs on grants and contracts with the Federal Government. The agreement also includes negotiated fringe benefit rates to be applied to sponsored projects.
The current rate agreement had a slight change from the prior version to replace the verbiage of 'subgrants and subcontracts' with the word 'subaward'. This nomenclature change was made by the cognizant agency to maintain consistency with the Uniform Guidance. The Distribution Basis defined in Appendix III of the Uniform Guidance is utilized to incorporate both 'subgrants and subcontracts' as subawards in addition to the definition of subaward in section 200.92 of Uniform Guidance.
- The university's federally negotiated Facilities and Administrative Cost Rates effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2023.
- The university's federally negotiated Facilities and Administrative Cost Rates effective July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023.
- Chart of Accounts Interactive Guide
- Closing Schedule
- Finance Division
- GW Annual Reports, Financial Statements, & Single Audits
- GW GCAS Staff Directory
- GW Sponsored Projects Handbook (PDF)
- Key Reports for Financial Management
- Office of Sponsored Projects
- Office of Vice President for Research
- Uniform Guidance Website