There are a number of university Policies and Guidelines that help to shape the way in which Fixed Assets operates by helping to ensure that our staff and customers, and in turn the university, are in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws.
- Fixed Asset Management Policy - addresses the use, disposition, and accounting for fixed assets.
- Surplus University Property Policy - provides guidance on the proper disposition of surplus university property.
- Electronic Equipment Recycling Policy - establishes general procedures for the classification, disposal, and recycling of unwanted electronic equipment.
- Capital Project Guidelines - identifies the minimal dollar threshold and other characteristics of capital projects.
- Individual Roles in the Fixed Asset Management Process - identifies the responsibilities of the operating, procurement, and fixed asset department staff.
- Capitalized Asset Definition and Capitalized Expense Accounts - discusses the definition of a capitalized asset and a list of the capitalized expense accounts
In the process of managing fixed assets - including receiving, transferring, disposing, selling or donating fixed assets - GW employees may need to complete a form to document the change that is occurring.
Office of the University Controller
45155 Research Place
Ashburn VA 20147