- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Financial system of record.
- Captures all financial data
and is the source for financial reporting.
- Receives information from other systems
- ERP from Ellucian.
- System of record for HR data.
- System of record for student/registrar
data, including financial information.
- Feeds payroll/benefits
and tuition information to EAS.
The CoA in each system consists of the following elements. Visit the Glossary for definitions of these terms.
EAS GL Accounting string is 9 segments:
- Funding Source
- Net Asset Class
Banner CoA consists of 6 elements:
- GL Accounting String OR
- Sponsored Projects’ Project/Task/Award (PTA) OR
- Cost Share PTA with associated funding source for cost share (Banner index that maps to corresponding
C or R fund) OR
- Endowment Tracking System fund
For C-Funds (Current Operations), 99 percent of the time, the Index is mapped “as is”, meaning the values for Index, Banner Organization, and EAS Organization are all the same (e.g. 642015=642015=642015).
It is important for users of the EAS and Banner systems to understand how and when to use certain elements of the CoA for consistency in transacting and reporting. A common example of often-confused terminology is Index, Organization, and EAS Alias. These terms are often referenced interchangeably as the values are sometimes the same. The meaning and use of these elements are distinctly different, however.
Training is now available in preparation for the go-live of Phase 2 - Banner CoA Field Use Redesign.
We encourage all users of Banner and/or EAS to review the Chart of Accounts Online Class training module in [email protected]. For optimal viewing, please use the Chrome internet browser and enable Adobe Flash Player.